Data Protection Statement
Data Protection Statement
Fivespot Kenya Limited is the proprietor of the trademark ‘iPay’, and shall throughout this statement be referred to as ‘iPay, We’. We respect the privacy of all persons who use our Services and/ or access our website. It is with You in mind that we have prepared this privacy statement which gives You information about;
(a) The legal basis for collecting your data
(b) What data we collect about You and how we collect it
(c) How we use the collected data
(d) Who we may share your data with
(e) Safety of Your personal data
This privacy statement relates only our Services, products and website and not to any third party. Where you are interacting with a third party, please refer to their privacy statement.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING YOUR DATA?
We collect and process Your personal data;
- Upon Your consent
- to enable us perform a contract to which You are a Party
- Comply with legal obligations to which We are subject
- To protect You vital interests
- Pursue Our legitimate business interests
HOW & WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT, STORE & PROCESS?
- To onboard You as a Merchant, we will collect personal information directly from you as necessary to onboard you such as your name, contact information and to comply with applicable legislation such as Anti- Money Laundering requirements. We may verify the information You provide using third party verification companies.
- We will also collect transaction information of your Customers whose payments are being processed by Us such as the amount paid for goods and services, payment method, device information. It is Your responsibility as a Merchant to inform Your Customers processing of their personal data by a third party.
- We may also collect information using automated processes such as cookies and other tracking technologies (collectively, "Cookies") when you visit our Sites, use our Services, or go to a third-party website for which we provide online Services to recognize you as a User and to personalize your online experiences, the Services you use, and other online content and advertising; measure the success of promotions and perform analytics, and mitigate risk, stop potential fraud, and promote trust and safety across our Sites and services
On our website, under "Cookies" and "Cookie settings," you may find additional details about the Cookies and other technologies we use, as well as their functions. There, you may also disable or delete the appropriate cookie option to revoke your consent at any time, however certain functionalities of the website may not operate optimally.
- We might get more data from you if you ask for better Services, participate in an extra site feature, or request it. If we plan to use your data for purposes other than those listed in this privacy statement, we will give you a different notice at the time of collection.
HOW LONG MAY WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We retain Your personal data in an identifiable format;
- for as long as necessary to comply with Our contractual obligations
- for the time period required by any law that governs iPay
- for any reasonably necessary lawful purpose
In the first instance, we retain your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with applicable laws (such as tax requirements); or, if applicable laws no longer require us to maintain Personal Information (or that period has passed), the Personal Information may still be retained if necessary to comply with applicable contractual agreements or arrangements; and for Personal Information to which a relevant law or contractual agreement or arrangement does not apply.
We may take steps to hide Personal Data and other information if your Account is closed, but we reserve the right to access and store the information for as long as necessary to comply with relevant laws. Such Personal Data will continue to be used and disclosed by us in compliance with this Statement.
HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
We may use your personal data for:
- our services are provided, including to: start a transaction or pay a bill;
- verify your right of access to an Account;
- contact with you with iPay, the Sites, the Services, or your Account; give you information regarding our services that may be of interest to you or that may enable us to better serve your needs. You have the option to opt out at any moment if you do not wish to receive this kind of information.
- evaluate Account application submissions, comparing data for accuracy and validity.
- maintain the accuracy of your Account and financial data.
- Manage our operational requirements, such as tracking, evaluating, and enhancing the functionality and performance of the Services and the Sites. For instance, we investigate how users use our services and analyze user behavior.
- Confirming your identity, to manage risk and safeguard the Sites, the Services, and you from fraud. To help identify and stop fraud and misuse of the Services, iPay's risk and fraud tools employ Personal Data, Device Information, Technical Usage Data, and Geolocation Information from our Sites and websites that host other iPay Services.
- Promote iPay products and services as well as those of unrelated companies to you. Additionally, we may use the information we collect from you to individually adapt the experiences of our site, services, and marketing materials.
- If you choose to disclose your geolocation information through the Services, we may give you location-specific features, options, or offers. We'll use this data to make the Sites and Services more secure while also giving you access to location-based services like advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
- To fulfill our commitments, uphold the conditions of our Sites and Services, and to do so in a way that complies with all relevant laws and regulations, in order to better serve your requests and support needs, such as contacting you in regards to a query you asked our customer service staff.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Subject to the parameters set forth in the Data protection law, You have the right to;
- to be informed of the use to which Your personal data is put
- access Your personal data within our custody
- object to processing of all or part of Your personal data
- correction of false or misleading data
- deletion of false or misleading data
- have Your data transferred
You can contact iPay on [email protected] with regard to any of Your rights
WHO CAN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We are committed to treating your personal data with utmost respect and share Your personal data lawfully. We may share Your personal data;
- With our affiliates & subsidiaries: we might disclose your data to our affiliates and subsidiaries
- With other businesses that execute services for us: We might disclose Personal Data to outside service providers that carry out tasks on our behalf. For instance, these third-party service providers could offer you Services, confirm your identification, or help with transaction processing.
- With other financial institutions: To deliver a product, we may share Personal Data with other financial institutions with which we have partnered. Unless you have consented for additional uses, these financial institutions may only use your information to provide iPay-related products. To complete transactions and maintain the accuracy of your financial information, we might potentially disclose personal data.
- With other parties handling your Customers transaction: When your Customers pay for goods and services, they may transact with a variety of parties, . We might divulge details about the transaction to other relevant parties handling the transactions.
- To conduct business, with other third parties, or as authorised or required by law: For iPay's legitimate business reasons or as permitted or required by law, we may disclose information about you with other parties.
- With our Business Partners: If you consume any of our products and services that we offer in conjunction with our business partners, we may share your personal data with them to facilitate activities related to the product and or service you are consuming.
- With law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, courts and such like institutions/agencies: We may share your personal data with courts, law enforcement & regulatory agencies who have the legal mandate to obtain your data.
With other third parties: We may share your personal details with other third parties as deem legitimate Without your permission, we will never disclose your Personal Data to third parties for their marketing needs. We will do everything within our power to make sure that the Personal Information we use or disclose is true, correct, current, comprehensive, and pertinent to the use or disclosure.
IS YOUR DATA SAFE?
We place a high value on protecting the security of your personal information. To safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, loss, or damage, we use the necessary managerial, technological, and physical safeguards. Included in the security precautions are:
- Security measures that are put into effect in accordance with internationally recognized standards like the PCI DSS
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the acquisition, storage, and disclosure of personal data. For the security and integrity of transactions, we use cryptographic technologies, such as encryption and the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol for the transmission of transaction information.
The security measures are in place even in the event that we need to transfer Your personal data outside the Kenyan jurisdiction.Despite our commitment to securing our systems and Services, it remains Your responsibility to keep Your passwords, account/profile registration information, and personal information private. You are also responsible for ensuring that the Personal Information You provide to us is accurate.
Process Children's Personal Data
If you have any questions or suggestions, privacy complaints or issues, please send an email to: [email protected].